Very often we feel that our energy level is dropping. In this fast-paced world it is very obvious that we experience this kind of feeling. But at the same time we need to something that can increase productivity and energy levels. So what should you do to recharge you batteries and gain back your energy? Here are some tips.
So you are feeling sluggish and losing all your interest to do your regular work. In this situation, you need to counteract to remove your sluggishness and give your body a boost.
Here are 10 ways to maximize your energy:
- Drink Up: Are you drinking enough water? Half of the people who complain about fatigue are actually dehydrated. Aim to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Make note, try to drink more in the day time. This is to avoid drinking at night. Drinking too much fluid at night may result waking up at night and that can hamper your sleep.
- Sleep Tight: Do not compromise with your sleep at night. You need 8 hours sleep per night. Adding to that, your time of sleep is also very important. Avoid late nights and sleep at the proper time. Keep your bedroom as dark as possible and sleep without any disturbances.
- Skip The Gym: Yes, but not always! If you are already exhausted, don’t head to the gym. Exercise will make you feel worse. Instead take a nap- or at least a break.
- Limit Coffee Intake: We know that coffee boost the energy. Yes that’s true. It does raise stress hormones and give boos to energy. But consuming several cups a day or too much coffee can cause stress and burnout.
- Healthy Diet: Add some brain foods into your diet. Eat foods with a healthy mix of fats. This will energize the brain cell and increase the speed of tour thinking. Fish and dark green vegetables are very good brain foods.
- Limit Sugar Intake: Avoid refined sugar as much as possible. Excess sugar causes fluctuations in blood sugar and the result is the drop of energy. So avoid consuming too much sugar or sugar products.
- Increase Protein Intake: Insufficient protein is one of the big reasons of fatigue. Eat more foods rich with protein. And don’t forget the almond.
- Stretch Your Muscles: Stretching keeps your muscle healthy. It also keeps the brain’s arteries open and unclogged. More free flow oxygenated blood to your brain means you’ll feel more energetic.
- Bacopa Monnieri: Sounds unfamiliar? Okay, it is a herb indigenous to India, has been used for centuries for supporting learning and memory in humans. In India it’s called Brahmi. Clinical applications suggest that Bacopa has a direct effect on improving concentration and promoting memory functions.
- See Your Doctor: Too much stressed out or lack of energy for long time is not very healthy. In this scenario you should consult your doctor. Besides that, worn-out and achy feeling can happen due to sinus problem and not true fatigue. A study showed that those who reported unexplained chronic fatigue were nine times more likely to have sinusitis symptoms than were those who felt rested and well.