Because of the medicinal properties of rose, it is widely used in Ayurveda medicine. One cup of fresh rose hips has the equivalent amount of vitamin C in 60 oranges. Rose tea (tea made with rose petals and hips) is not a new idea. Here are 10 extraordinary health benefits of rose tea.
Why roses are considered an ideal gift to express love? There is an interesting reason for this. Roses soothe heart and emotions. They also balance the mind.
The reasons for the diuretic effects of the roses are they contain Vitamin C, pectin, malic and citric acids.
- It clears toxins and heat from the body. As a result it has a cooling effect on the body.
- It can relieve from sore throat, runny nose and blocked bronchial tubes
- It is useful to people those prone to chest problems by fighting against infections
- Rose tea helps to fight the infection in the digestive tract and re-establish the normal bacterial population of the intestines
- It relieves fluid retention and hastens the elimination of wastes through kidneys
- It is a wonderful remedy for dysentery, diarrhea and gastro enteritis
- It is a laxative. It works as a remedy for all liver problems including sluggishness and constipation.
- It cleanses the liver and gall bladder and promotes bile flow
- Rose petal tea can be used to relieve uterine congestion causing pain and heavy periods. It is an excellent remedy for irregular periods and infertility.
- It has an uplifting effect on the nervous system and can relieve insomnia, depression and fatigue.