Grapes are remarkable healthy fruits and have many health benefits. Health benefits of grapes are present in both fresh grapes and grapes juice.
Grapes are very high in Vitamin A, C and B6. But that’s not all, grapes are also good source of folate, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc, copper, and iron. As you know these are extremely important for a good health.
Grapes appear to confer several specific benefits, following are some the most important health benefits of grapes:
- Good For Heart: Red grapes are very good for the heart. Red grapes juice reduces plasma concentrations of oxidized LDL cholesterol, this results the reduction in cardiovascular disease risk. Grapes also increase the nitric oxide level in the blood which is responsible for preventing blood clots and thus reduces the chances of heart attack.
- Cancer: Grapes contain high amount of caffeic acid, a cancer fighting substance and bioflavonoid. Bioflavonoids are good for the body as the provide strength to our cells in the battle with cancerous cells. Bioflavonoids also kill the cancer cells.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Resveratrol (an effective antioxidant) is classified as a polyphenol, that presents in the grapes reduces the levels of amyloidal-beta peptides in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Hypertension: Products made from the grapes such as wine is good for heart. Research showed that a glass of wine with evening meal is good to control hypertension.
- Lung Health: Grapes are good for the lung health. Study showed a glass of red wine daily (not white), reduces the chance of lung cancer.
- Asthma: Assimilatory power of grapes is higher and increases the moisture present in lungs. Also, research showed that grapes can be used to cure asthma because of its eminent therapeutic value
- Cataract: Apart from other health benefits that described above, grapes are good for reducing the chances of cataract. Flavanoids presents in the grapes fight the damage caused by free radicals such as cataract.
- Anti-Aging: Another benefit of Resveratrol that it influences the genes controlling the aging process.
- Migraine: Ripe grape juice without mixing water is very good for curing migraine. Remember it should be taken early in the morning.
- Breast Cancer: Red grapes with seeds are good for preventing breast cancer. How? In breast cancer, an enzyme called aromatase, which converts other hormone substrates into estrogens, is present in greater amounts. Grape skins and seeds contain compounds called procyanidin B dimmers that suppress aromatase.