Health Benefits of Red Wine.
For all the Red wine lovers it is a good news that Red Wine is good for the health. So if you love to drink Red wine then you are the lucky one as you can enjoy the drink and get the health benefits as well. But you must consider one thing that you should have it in moderation. Red wine is highly rich in antioxidants and also with the various compounds like polyphenols, anthrocyanidins and resveratrol. A glass of Red wine daily can boost your health significantly.
But how is Red wine beneficial for your health?
Health Benefits of Red Wine
- Red wine is highly rich in antioxidants that helps to increase the levels of HDL cholesterol and controls the LDL cholesterol. By reducing the LDL and increasing the HDL Red wine helps to regulate the cholesterol levels in the blood. Red wine prevents blood clots and reduces the damage on the blood vessels which is caused by fat deposits.
- Antioxidants properties in Red wine help prevent growth of new cancer cells. In the cases of ovarian and prostate cancer it helps significantly. Regular drinking of Red wine is said to reduce the risk of cancer by 68%, according to a research done by Stony Brook University in New York.
- Red wine helps to digest junk foods and processed foods easily. Polyphenols in Red wine has the capability of neutralize the toxins.
- Red wine is said to stimulate the secretion of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter that is a derivative of choline) which improves the brain functions and thus good to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Red wine also helps to overcome the stress. People who suffer from nervous disorders or anxiety can take Red wine in moderation to reduce the stress.
- And of course, Red wine famous for its anti-aging abilities. Antioxidants fight free radicals and protect against the damage done by free radicals. Resveratol (a polyphenol) slows the aging process and protect against age related diseases.
Drinking Red wine is good for health as long as you drink it in moderation.