It is said that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple is full with certain combination of nutrients in a way that makes it a food of choice for healthy life.
Here’s a list of health benefits that comes with apple:
- Apple is a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. It is always advisable to eat apple with skin. Because most of the fiber in apple contain in its skin. Peeling off results the loss of valuable fiber and flavanoids.
- Eating apple everyday can lower cholesterol level. The pectin (water-soluble colloidal carbohydrates that occur in ripe fruit and vegetables) in the apple lowers the LDL or bad cholesterol. In this way, apple is also good for weight loss.
- Recent studies showed that apple is very good for lung health. It is probably the best food to support of lung function. As studies showed, consumption of apple lowers the asthma risk.
- Recent studies found that apple is very good for reducing the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. Though extensive research is yet to be done on this but many believe that eating apple helps to prevent cancer.
- Malic acid in apple helps to maintain a good liver condition. It also helps to improve digestion problem.
- Apple is good for skin. Apple prevents wrinkles and other skin damages.
- Fresh apple is good for heart too. The high amount of flavanoids in apple makes it a food for heart. Flavanoids are good to reduce heart disease and improve heart condition.
- Eating apple increases the iron level, therefore it helps overcoming anaemia.
- Vitamin A in apple helps to improve vision.
- Apple cider vinegar is good for those who are suffering from kidney stones. It works as a remedy for them. Apple cider vinegar also prevents forming new stone.